Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Another Christmas Gone, Another New Year Begun

“And forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. “ Kahlil Gibran
The poinsettias are gathered ‘round the fountain now…outside…in the cold.  I know they will die there, they are native to Mexico and the temperatures are close to freezing now.  The house is bare, decorations boxed and put away, and the New Year has ushered in a cool stillness; a restful time that affords me time to relax and dream of cabbage roses, gazebos, secret pathways, cool fountains, and fresh Rosemary and Thyme clusters on my kitchen countertop. 
I should use this special time to focus on the inside of my home, improvements have been beckoning for years, but all I can seem to think about are plans for the garden and yard.  There is a corner in my heart for decorating and creating beauty inside my home, but the part that holds my love for gardening often invades and takes over that space in the battle for attention.
I have so many dreams for 2012.  Lately I have had such a feeling of happiness and contentment that I haven’t felt for a very long time.  I am looking forward to starting over, just like the New Year has.  A fresh start to make right what lacked last year, starting with a renewal of spirit, faith, and love.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."  2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment