Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Heart's Garden


My Heart’s Garden
By Lisa A. White, 2012

He led me down a garden’s edge, white alyssum blessed my feet
We spoke of purpose, life, and love; and who I was to be.
And in the garden of my heart were many, many weeds
But with his love he cast them out and planted countless seeds.

He told me of the beauty my work for Him would bring
And even when the tears would fall, I still had cause to sing.
So in the garden of my heart the seeds began to grow
And with His grace he covered me when harvesting was slow.

He walked with me through times of drought, when vines began to die
And pruned out all the waste and ruin, then held me when I cried.
So in the garden of my heart, a new life came in Spring
And with His hope he touched my heart and colored it with green.

He embraced me when my time was through, my story was complete
And took me into Heaven, and sat me at His feet.
Now in the garden of my heart is all I was made to be
Because he took and rooted it into eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment